CALL TODAY (561) 445-1555

Can I get back my property if the police took it during an arrest?

If your personal items were seized during your or another person’s arrest, a Motion for Return of Property can be filed to request that your property be returned to you. Factors that the judge will look at in deciding whether to grant the motion for return of property include whether the property is being stored as evidence in an open case and proof of rightful ownership. These motions also require contact with the police department holding the property. If you are the defendant in the case seeking a return of your own property, these motions are typically filed once your case has resolved and closed.

If your personal property was seized during your or someone else’s arrest, contact Burkhardt Legal today for a consultation. Let us file the appropriate motions and present the necessary arguments to seek a return of your property. 

Frequently Asked Questions